Perspective: Its All About Attitude
A friend sent me this great, new year inspired, email about perspective, attitude and the importance of gratitude.
I think it is something all of you will appreciate, so I am happy to share it with you.
There is no author credited with the writing. If you know, please let me know so I can properly attribute it.
Its All About Attitude
A man sitting in his favorite chair New Years day, began scribbling on a pad of paper, reflecting on the year that was.
– Had my gallbladder removed. Stuck in bed for ages recovering.
– Turned 65, forced to retire from the only job I ever had and loved after 30 years of dedicated service.
– The same year, my Father passed away.
– Our son was in a car accident and suffered a broken leg and the car was a write-off – Demolished.
He concluded his scribbling with bold text – “WORST YEAR EVER!”
He stood and walked toward the kitchen to make some tea. His wife noticed his sad, lost and dejected look. She could not resist looking at what he had wrote on that pad of paper.
She read thoughtfully yet surreptitiously what he had written, and wrote beneath his musings on the years events – In a different perspective.
– Finally had my gallbladder removed. It caused me pain for years.
– Turned 65 and I am in sound health. Retired from my work that has comfortably provided for my family. I can spend more time enjoying the things and people I love.
– The same year, my Father at the age of 95, without depending on anyone and without any critical conditions, peacefully met his Creator.
– The same year, God blessed my son with life. He was in a bad car accident. My car was destroyed, but my son was alive and recovered without permanent disability.
At the end of her note, she wrote in bold text – “Fortunate the year passed with such blessings!”
Moral: In our daily lives we must see that it’s not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.
There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING…. And attitude is the one thing that we always, in every circumstance, have control over.
Image courtesy of photostock at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
2102 total views, 1 today